Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Willy (aka "Teddy")

A friend of mine asked me to go with her to Cat Connection after we had lunch together one day and she saw this beautiful Siamese cat in the display cage and she called me over to see him. This was Teddy. Well, I read his story about having been let outside by his previous family and was hit by a car which broke his hip. The family returned Teddy to Cat Matchers. I was shocked. How can you give up one of your babies? Especially if they are hurt? You could still see where he was shaved from the surgery and his telltale limp. No matter, I called up my fiance and asked him if we could take him and my fiance said absolutely! His Dad had just passed away at age 89 that week and we renamed Teddy "Willy" a nickname of his Dad's, Bill Pierre. Oh, and I forgot to mention, this makes rescue #5 for us. Yes, we have 5 cats and they all have special stories. One family's loss is our gain. We love Willy and he's doing great - he runs up and down our stairs as if nothing had ever
happened to him. And he is a talker in typical siamese fashion.

Karen Casey (soon to be Pierre!)

No comments:

Post a Comment